Re: Minor points in draft 12

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 07:54:52 -0700
To: "Richard Wheeldon (rwheeldo)" <rwheeldo@cisco.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I think that Mike answered the first.  And I'm reluctant to add more
tabulation of what is basically a secondary piece of information.

On 20 May 2014 04:27, Richard Wheeldon (rwheeldo) <rwheeldo@cisco.com> wrote:
>> Yes, CONTINUATION is special and its intentional.
>
> OK. Then I'm definitely missing something. Is there a link that explains the intent?

The basic idea is that header blocks can exceed the size of a single
frame.  But we need to ensure that they are processed as a single
contiguous block because they modify/access the connection global
header compression state.  The was we have agreed to guarantee
exclusive access to that state is to force header blocks to be
contiguous.