HTTP status code for transaction incomplete???

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@hallambaker.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 16:53:37 -0400
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

I am writing a Web Service that usually completes a transaction but
sometimes is unable to complete a transaction and will return a
pending result.

There does not seem to be a HTTP code for this which seems rather odd.

This does not seem like a 200 code to me because the transaction has
not completed yet. It certainly does not seem like a 400 though
because the transaction might well succeed without any additional
effort.

So it seems like a 300 code but none of the existing ones seems to fit.

Ideas?