Re: HTTP/2 in examples

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:11:49 -0700
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 11 May 2014 23:23, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/152

We're using James' proposed representation in the HTTP/2 draft.  This
is essentially just HTTP/1.1 with ':'-prefixed header fields rather
than a discrete request line. We use +/- as James proposed to indicate
the presence and absence of flags, but there we're talking about
framing.

But James is right to note the distinction between an HTTP/2
on-the-wire notation and generic "this is my HTTP request" notations.
In discussions of HTTP, I'm sure that we can continue to use HTTP/1.1
(or -like) representations.

I'm sure that we'll get by.