Re: #466 segment compression

From: Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:52:43 +1000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Sorry for replying to myself.

On 29 April 2014 16:26, Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au> wrote:

> All three operations (determining frame length, compressing frames, and
> padding) are hop-by-hop operations, and any intermediary can second-guess
> or obstinately undo the previous hop's choices if it wants.

​I just noticed the ​bit in 10.6 that says that intermediaries can't add
compression. Is that the delineation to which you referred in #466 Martin?
 That text introduces complexity I hadn't imagined when proposing per-frame
compression. I'll think about it some more.

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/