Re: END_SEGMENT and headers

On 17 April 2014 09:46, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com> wrote:

> The draft states both that frames can not be coalesced across a segment
> boundary, but also that segment boundaries must be preserved.
>
> You are correct that for a HEADERS frame w/ the END_SEGMENT flag set,
> there is no way a server could coalesce frames because the next frames must
> be CONTINUATION frames until the END_HEADERS flag is received, so in this
> case, END_SEGMENT and END_HEADERS are equivalent.

​I've just come up against this issue in my implementation. Is it a
protocol ​error to receive a HEADERS with END_SEGMENT set, but END_HEADERS
cleared?

And since the CONTINUATION frame doesn't even have an END_SEGMENT flag, if
we need to send big headers at the end of a segment do we have to do
something like: HEADERS+CONTINUATION(END_HEADERS),
HEADERS(END_HEADERS+END_SEGMENT)?

Blech.

--
  Matthew Kerwin