Re: HTTP/2 Priorities Proposal

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 09:41:09 -0700
To: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 18 April 2014 08:11, RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr> wrote:
> I however have one concern: priority groups are structures that the client knows will be persisted by the server. As such, a client changing the priority of a group is certain that the server will be able to apply it.

There are no guarantees.  Groups can be discarded in the same way that
priority information for an individual stream can be.  There might be
a greater incentive to keep it for longer, but it's still expendable
in case of memory pressure.  (I note here that memory pressure had
better be extreme for you to want to save this tiny amount, though I
can devise schemes where it could make sense.)