RE: Shipping, was: BLOCKED frame specification

On 2014-04-10 1:18, Julian Reschke wrote:
 > 2) Schedule... Well. This is an IETF activity. The schedule almost always
> slips. No, this isn't good, but it's a matter of fact, and it's better to be
> prepared for it. Things will take time; we need to pass two Last Calls,
> and get the IESG  > approval. The charter says we do WG LC this
> month, and we're (I believe) going to be at least two months late with
> that. If we add these two months (and that's the optimistic way to look
> at things) to the remaining milestones,  > we'll end up with IESG
> approval in January 2015. So everybody should be prepared not to
> ship any products with HTTP/2 turned on by default before early next year.
>
> Best regards, Julian

I agree that schedules sometimes slip, but my point was that if we want to finish anytime soon, we need to stop adding new features and bring focus to closing on the open issues.  There is already some discussion about HTTP/3 on this list, and we need to ask ourselves what new things are really important for this version vs. a future one.  Continuing to add new functionality will risk delaying much further than early next year.

Rob