Re: GOAWAY and proxies

From: Daniel Sommermann <dcsommer@fb.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:30:24 -0700
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

> Can't the proxy just issue RST_STREAM toward its clients for all the
> affected requests if it can't tolerate the memory hit?  REFUSED_STREAM
> seems like the right code there.

It just occurred to me that this solution will only work if the client
is speaking HTTP/2 to the proxy. This solution does not work for
HTTP/1.1 clients connected to a proxy which speaks HTTP/2 to the server.

Seems like to fix this case you would either need something like the
last_stream_id GOAWAY hack on the server side or buffering in the proxy.