Re: Adding Security Considerations regarding interception to p1

On 9/20/13 7:14 AM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> On 20/09/2013, at 3:10 PM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
>> Then what do you think about just describing the current state without
>> giving any guidance about how to protect, so that the reader informs
>> himself on the subject if he feels concerned ?
>
> Personally - I think that'd be a big improvement over saying nothing. However, AIUI the security folks like to see a listing of both threats *and* mitigations for them. Stephen?

I'm not Stephen, but that is what a security considerations section is
for.  The problem is twofold.  We mixed it with privacy considerations,
and they are somewhat different, albeit very related, and one could
write several volumes on both for HTTP.

Eliot