Re: [perpass] HTTP user-agent fingerprinting

There are conflicting goals here:
1) Modify the presentation of a site based on the user-agent.
2) Ensure that pages are using feature-probing instead of assumptions based
on the user-agent.

There are valid reasons for both.

I'm ambivalent because I can't think of a good solution that resolves the
conflict in a manner that is useful.
Feature probing is great, but can cause harm (i.e. some features crash
browsers).

-=R