Re: #468 p2: Expectation extensions

From: Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:41:42 -0700
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, IETF HTTP WG <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
FWIW, twitter.com runs custom (non-apache code) that does the following:

We send a 417 to any HTTP/1.0 request with a Expect header.
We send a 417 to any HTTP/1.1 request with a Expect header that is not
case-insensitive 100-continue (this includes empty Expect headers but we do
allow some ridiculousness like Expect: , , 100-continue)
We then remove the Expect header for further processing, responding with
100 Continue if necessary.