Re: Proposal for #486: Requiring proxies to process warn-date

On Sep 3, 2013, at 11:24 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 2013-09-04 06:07, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>> Looks good to me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/2368>

Sorry for missing the boat here, but this changes the warn-date
to be a required field.  As mentioned previously, no implementation
that I am aware of actually sends a warn-date, let alone processes
one, so now we have changed a never-implemented requirement into
an everyone-who-implements-is-noncompliant requirement.

How does that help?

I thought what I heard from the last meeting was that we would
remove all requirements on warn-date except for those recipients
who actually process warning header fields.

....Roy