Re: Expect: + Upgrade: = ...

On 6 September 2013 04:23, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> There is nothing preventing the server emitting further 100 status frames
> inHTTP/2 format.

100, or 1xx?

I thought that the text was good.  It specifically doesn't say
anything about what happens in the upgraded protocol, because that's
the business of that protocol.  For HTTP/2.0, I guess that in theory
you might get more 1xx status codes, but you won't get 100, because
we're prohibiting that.

> So like I said 100 and 101 can occur in any order. There is no reason for
> the order of them to have any effect on the transaction as a whole. 101
> has no effect on the *request* bytes and 100 has no effect on the
> *response* bytes. Why are people seeing any problem here at all?

I don't think that a server upgrading to HTTP/2.0 should be sending
just can't imagine how that would be healthy.