Re: Mandatory encryption *is* theater

I guess my point is that you've repeatedly made criticisms based on the
authentication requirement (for example, your criticisms based on
certificate configuration). I agree authentication would be nice to have,
but I think it's unfair to criticize mandatory to offer *encryption*
because of authentication. This is why I complain about it being a straw
man argument.

To be clear, I'm still personally leaning towards only supporting HTTP/2
over a secure transport in chromium (and if we can get that for
http://URIs too, great!). I just don't want to see mnot's proposal get
unfairly
treated. I'd like to see where the discussion leads us. If it gains any
traction, then I need to check back with some more chromium networking
folks (like rch/akalin who may be lurking on this thread) to see how much
interest we have in unauthenticated, but encrypted HTTP/2. I myself hope we
only use secure transports.