Re: What "mandatory to offer" means

In message <F6C3F3AF-38FB-4423-A6C0-4541D4BC311D@mnot.net>, Mark Nottingham writes:

>We have a lot of things to discuss around what that profile looks like;
>e.g., whether cert validation should take place.

Well,  wouldn't a good place to start be to agree what this encryption is
supposed to protect and from whom it protects it ?

Is it protecting against Samuel B. Hacker with his tcpdump(8) ?

Is it preventing Wile E. Telco from injecting ads ?

Is it keeping your bits safe from NSA and their almost-trillion dollar budget ?

Is it keeping your identity safe from NSA and their almost-trillion dollar budget ?