Re: UTF-8 or ASCII Header Names?

The compressor could be aware or the content of fields, but right now, with
the sole exception of the cookie field, it has no need to do so, so why
impose what is unnecessary, and potentially harmful?

Why should the compressor be required to do utf-8 normalization?

Such requirements belong at the http/1 spec level, or perhaps in the http2
spec, but not in the compressor.

The keys should be ASCII, and the values bytes. This allows for utf-8 to be
compressed as well, though compression efficiency will go down if the input
isn't normalized AND if there is a lot of variation in the encodings of a
particular string.

-=R