Re: :scheme and CONNECT method

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:40:18 +0100
To: Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi>
Cc: William Chan (ι™ˆζ™Ίζ˜Œ) <willchan@chromium.org>, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 13 August 2013 20:24, Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi> wrote:
> END_STREAM <----> Half-close

That reminds me.  Treating this as an approximation for a TCP
connection isn't perfect if you permit the stream to remain half
closed for a significant period.  I think that you have to treat
END_STREAM as being equivalent to a TCP FIN.

> As note, this sort of stuff could also be applicable to upgrade
> (internally emulate TCP connection)?

I see no reason to support upgrade.  We're providing plenty of other
hooks for upgrading prior to commencing HTTP/2.0.  You can use ALPN or
HTTP/1.1 Upgrade.