http methods

From: (wrong string) 陈智昌 <willchan@chromium.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:30:18 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations-12 seems
to have the current method registrations. I'm not a web services guy, so my
ignorance is expected, but wow, I didn't realize there were so many. Can
someone explain if all these are truly necessary?

I'm asking this since a colleague of mine wrote this blog post (
http://www.onebigfluke.com/2013/08/lets-remove-verbs-from-http-20.html), so
I decided to look into it a bit. Note that I recognize that HTTP/2.0 is not
the place to remove methods, but I'm curious if there has been any effort
to simply HTTP by removing some exotic methods. If so, I think that'd be
nice.

I'm not really looking to champion a simplification effort here since I
have other bike sheds more worthy of my paint, but I just wanted to see if
it'd be easy to drop some unused methods.

Cheers.