Re: PUSH Clarifications

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 17:19:22 +0200
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On 2013-08-07 00:27, James M Snell wrote:
> In order to justify making push extensible, we ought to require someone
> to put a semi-reasonable use case on the table.

Pushing a PROPFIND response because a WebDAV folder changed? (As opposed
to polling for it).

I understand almost nobody likes WebDAV over here, but fact is that
PROPFIND is properly registered, is safe, and takes a payload.

If we don't do it people will come up with clever or not-so clever ways
to encode the payload into an header field (":payload" maybe). Is this
really better?

Best regards, Julian