Re: HTTPS 2.0 without TLS extension?

On 23/07/2013 4:01 a.m., Mike Belshe wrote:
> It should be available quite easily through OpenSSL and NSS long
> before http/2 ships.

Sigh. Missed the news yesterday? come relatively large number of
corporates are still using Java installations installed since 1994.

We are expecting HTTP/2 to start "shipping" preliminary implementations
in the next year or two right? You can expect a minimum 5 years upgrade
window (sorry terrible pun) if the libraries are ready and published
*today*. Depending on the library like this just won't cut enough slack.

> The structured integration with the SSL handshake is a much cleaner
> protocol.

Sure, and the sane people will use it. Not everybody is sane though.

Eliminating viable options for moving to HTTP/2 does not seem like a
reasonable path to be taking this early in the process.

Amos