Re: HTTP router point-of-view concerns

From: Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:54:56 -0500
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Sam Pullara <spullara@gmail.com>, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> I have given a concrete example multiple times, it's very simple:

So you think all session state should always be stored on the server, period?

It's hard to disagree, but I was under the impression that many
services need to be stateless (storing session state in encrypted
cookies) for various reasons.

The assumption being made by the WG that per-connection compression
state is no biggie bothers me.  I think it's a huge deal, but it does
go hand in hand with an assumption that all session state is to be
stored by the server, which makes sense to me.

Is there consensus for such assumptions?

Nico