Re: [#156] Pushing HEAD

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 17:04:39 -0700
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Let's please not accuse anyone of trying to sneak anything in.  It was my
understanding based on conversations at the interim that the expectation
for head requests and push was different.  If that impression was mistaken,
then my apologies. There were a significant number of edits to make in a
short period of time.  A simple heads up would suffice and I'd back that
back out.  That is why we have a review process after all :).

In any case,  that said,  as a client implementer, if I received push
promise on a head request response,  I'll likely universally refuse the
pushed streams unless I know those are also treated as implicit head
requests. I don't want any content returned at all when I do a head
request.