Re: [#153] PUSH_PROMISE headers

On 1 July 2013 13:20, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's please not conflate compression and push.. they really are
> unrelated to one another.

Ahh, but all optimizations ultimately do that sort of conflation.
You'll note that it was pure speculation, with a "not-now-please"
qualifier.

I think that we have an answer to this question already.  Request
headers have to be sufficient to determine if a cache has the answer,
otherwise you would always require validation.  (And push sort-of
end-runs the validation thing too.)

The only model we need is: PUSH_PROMISE == "this is the request I
synthesized for you".  Then, we can do all sorts of things to control
how that synthesis is controlled.  Though "not-now-please" still seems
appropriate.