Re: [#150] Making certain settings mandatory

On 6/30/13 9:13 PM, Jeff Pinner wrote:
> Here the initial values CAN be changed by a client sending the header
> during the upgrade process.
>
> The question is if sending certain settings should be mandatory.
>
> Are you proposing we remove all default values and require that they
> all be explicitly negotiated?

Not yet.  Truly I was also playing devil's advocate.  Right now simple
ask the question of what happens when you want to change them?  Also, I
wold suggest that if you do have default values you may wish to sort
them very late in the standardization process.

Eliot