Re: [#153] PUSH_PROMISE headers

I just gave an example that uses content-negotiation so that argument
doesn't really work. The server is crafting the request headers for an
implied GET, so it gets to construct those request headers to be as
specific as it wants them to be, without much need for actual
content-negotiation.

For example, suppose the server receives a request for an HTML page like this...

GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
Accept: text/html, image/jpeg, image/gif

The server decides that it wants to push jpeg files to the client... it sends

PUSH_PROMISE
  :path = /images/f.jpg
  :method = GET
  :host: example.org
  :if-match: "my-etag1"
  accept: image/jpeg

That's pretty darn unambiguous. I can easily check to see if I have a
representation of "/images/f.jpg" with etag "my-etag1" and
content-type "image/jpeg" in my local cache, without the need to have
*any* response headers in the PUSH_PROMISE.

Perhaps you have another, more specific example in mind?