Re: Out-of-order Frames

On 23/06/2013 1:45 p.m., Zhong Yu wrote:
> this reminds me another request for out-of-order delivery of an http entity
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2012OctDec/0259.html
>
> (it would be funny though to implement out-of-order frams on top of
> TCP which already deals with out-of-order segments)

It does sound very similar. But the kfall draft is very close to
technically possible.

The case as presented by Sam the "chunk 3" starting offset is completely
unknown to both client *and* server. Take an arbitrary length string,
insert a second arbitrary string (length M) into it at a pre-known
starting offset (N) and somehow determine the value of N+M before M
comes into existence. Not possible until we fix our machines phychic
abilities.

This is a solved problem in markup languages, they use a special tag
(OBJECT and IFRAME I referred to earlier, IMG, SCRIPT, VIDEO are others
in HTML) in a tree structure which can be adjusted - you should all
recognise the DOM. However outside of markup languages multimedia
resources are not able to split their content over a tree-like structure
without becoming something else.

Amos