Header Compression

From: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 19:17:27 +0000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Roberto and I have been discussing for some time and we have created a joint proposal for Header Compression.

The resulting spec is available at:
https://github.com/http2/compression-spec

The main features of this proposal are:
- One single table for indexing headers as (name, value) pairs.
- HeaderDiff-based serialization (indexed header, literal header with either no indexing, addition indexing, or replacement indexing).
- Delta2-based diff between two successive header sets.
- Possibility of bounding table size.
- Least recently written eviction strategy when an insertion cause table size limit to be reached.

We will present it in details at the next interim meeting. Until then, all questions and comments are welcome.

Hervé.