Re: Proposal: New Frame Size Text

Hello Poul-Henning,

On 2013/05/11 5:27, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<CAP+FsNd2L3m8i+eTZ+=uHyEaaH08Z0KaTFP2H24RK_avLkenUw@mail.gmail.com>
> , Roberto Peon writes:
>
>> This (lack of a continuation bit) would make it impossible to communicate
>> large headers, ones which are successfully transmitted today.
>
> Too bad:  Those demented people will have to stay on HTTP/1.1 then.

It's probably true that whoever uses more than 64K of headers today
isn't doing a very good job, to say the least. But you said that we
should be planning for HTTP/2.0 to last for the next 10 or 20 years. I
don't pretend I can predict how reasonable header size will grow over
such a time span, but I'm rather sure it will grow.

Regards,    Martin.