Design Issue: Frame Size Items

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 08:19:58 -0700
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
1. There is an existing ed note in the draft indicating that we
currently do not have any way of specifying the maximum frame size.
There are several possibilities:

  a. We decide we don't need to report a maximum frame size.
  b. We introduce a MAX_FRAME_SIZE setting for the SETTINGS frame.
  c. We add a headers block to the RST_FRAME and GOAWAY frames ;-) ..

  I think I prefer option (a) but (b) works too.

2. In the current draft we say that all implementations MUST be
capable of supporting frames up to 8192 octets in length. We don't
say, however, whether that size includes the 8-byte header or is that
just payload octets?

- James