Re: HTTP/2 and TCP CWND

I don't see evidence of IW10 in these packet captures.  In fact I'm not seeing the send window increase at all -- http://cloudshark.org/captures/35ff23aa38e1?filter=tcp.stream%20eq%202 -- from the initial 2 MSS. These connections are running very slowly.

This effect might be what's killing SPDY (chrome) performance for the same site over DSL, which is more than 2x slower than IE -- http://www.webpagetest.org/result/130425_VZ_ZC1/1/details/. My guess is that because SPDY operates over a single connection, it's SOL when that connection get stuck in a low gear like these appear to be. IE9 uses too many connections and suffers from retrans but is more robust to this effect b/c it has such high TCP connection concurrency. Again, this is just a guess though since I can't look at the WPT captures from the chrome test.

Peter