Re: HTTP/2 and TCP CWND

Not sure this has been proposed before, but better than caching would be
dynamic initial CWND based on web server object size hinting.

Web servers often know the size of the object that will be sent to the
browser. The web server therefore can help the transport make smart initial
CWND decisions. For instance, if an object is less than 20KB, which is true
for the majority of objects on web pages, the web server could tell the
transport to increase the CWND to a size that would allow the object to be
sent in the initial window.

For larger objects, the benefit of a large CWND is minimal so the web
server could tell the transport to use the default and let the connection
ramp slowly.

Peter