Re: Git Issues: Reserved Stream-ID Bit

Let's kill this thread. There's already another email thread on this:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2013AprJun/0135.html.
Respond there?

And I don't grok your proposal. Even/odd is distinguished via a single bit.
Your proposal seems to suggest using a single bit to indicate
directionality. That sounds like the same thing, except maybe you're
changing which bit is getting used. And I guess you're arguing that you
want to use the reserved bit to get twice the stream id space. I don't see
any compelling argument which says the factor of 2 difference will matter
much either way.

If no one wants to use the reserved bit, sure, let's use it for the stream
id space. Whatever. But if we foresee use (like SPDY/4 proposes to do so
with reprioritization), then maybe we want to reserve that bit. I don't
care if it gets removed from the current draft spec.

Anyway, let's move this back to the other thread rather than forking
threads unnecessarily.