Re: Message length and caches

I'm guessing you mean for non-chunked transfers.

imho frame-by-connection-closed should be avoided whenever possible. It is
evil, evil, evil, and causes many corrupted downloads.
I don't think it is particularly paranoid to ignore such responses in a
cache, should they show up, and believe that not re-chunking is
reasonable... however, it gets more interesting in an HTTP/2.0 world (where
we'd instead probably have to indicate that the other side is doing
something stupid).
-=R