From: Ilya Grigorik <ilya@igvita.com<mailto:ilya@igvita.com>>
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012 12:32 PM
To: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net<mailto:john@jkemp.net>>
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org<mailto:ietf-http-wg@w3.org>" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org<mailto:ietf-http-wg@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: RFC: draft-brown-device-stock-ua-00.txt

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM, John Kemp <john@jkemp.net<mailto:john@jkemp.net>> wrote:
One question - what happens in the presence of an intermediary? SHOULD an intermediary pass on the Client-hints HTTP header, if sent by a client?

Yes. If the intermediary is the doing the adaptation based on the hint, then theoretically it could drop the header when forwarding the request (but more likely, just pass it along).

ig