Re: draft-kfall-httpbis-server-ranges [was: Preliminary agenda for Atlanta]

On 26/10/2012 11:55 a.m., Adrien W. de Croy wrote:

> Hi

Squid would potentially implement this.

* stale-while-revalidate and stale-if-error could use cached but not
quite matching range entities to respond while the upstream request is
being processed.

  *  our "collaped forwarding" feature has some issues with late
arriving requests when the start of the response entity has been
discarded from buffer already. Currently we are forced to re-fetch. This
would permit the some Range requests to be served despite missing chunks
of entity.

Amos