Re: What is the document base URI of a POSTed document?

Granted, there may be implementations that have issues with it.. I'm basing
this off the language in the latest httpbis draft (
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics)...

Specifically...

<snip>
If the request has a Content-Location header field, then the
sender asserts that the payload is a representation of the
resource identified by the Content-Location field-value.  However,
such an assertion cannot be trusted unless it can be verified by
other means (not defined by HTTP).  The information might still be
useful for revision history links.
If Content-Location is included in a request message, then it MAY be
interpreted by the origin server as an indication of where the user
agent originall  y obtained the content of the enclosed representation
(prior to any subsequent modification of the content by that user
agent).  In other words, the user agent is providing the same
representation metadata that it received with the original
representation.
A Content-Location field received in a request message is transitory
information that SHOULD NOT be saved with other representation
metadata for use in later responses.  The Content-Location's value
might be saved for use in other contexts, such as within source links
or other metadata.
</snip>

As with everything tho, YMMV...

- James