Re: draft-snell-http-prefer

Given the specific mechanisms of the how your webdav-prefer is defined, you
really should have a Vary: Prefer in your responses anyway since the
application of the Prefer header will lead to variations in the specific
entity returned. Accordingly, if Vary: Prefer is always present, you'll
either need some separate mechanism to indicate that a specific Preference
was applied or, as Mark suggests, apply some heuristics to infer what the
server did.

- James