Re: Semantics of HTTPS

I think that the parentheses need to disappear:

HTTPS URI scheme implies end-to-end security between the user-agent and the
origin server

End-to-end is meaningless unless the specific ends are specified. From a
security point of view the ends that actually matter are usually people and
organizations rather than machines.

I am not sure that the term user-agent is right though since we use HTTPS
for Web Services that have no users involved and I am not sure how the
qualifier origin helps on the server. By definition a server is a
destination.

Website: http://hallambaker.com/