Re: Managing Obsolete Information

It isn't an HTTP response status because the information that was requested
is still being supplied.  The semantics you desire are orthogonal.

We defined the link relation "obsoleted-by" ages ago to serve exactly
that purpose.  It can be provided in a Link header field in HTTP and/or a
<link> element in HTML.

....Roy