Re: Would a header/schema compiler help?

There is a measured benefit in some situations for header compression. It
does take CPU and memory.
The question isn't if it adds CPU and memory, but rather if the tradeoff is
worthwhile?

This is really something that is best informed by measurements of
transactions in the real world.
Use cases that motivated this design, and thus are potentially interesting:
  mobile devices
  satellite links
  high-loss links (e.g. many links from Africa, where cwnd is usually
ending around 3 packets worth...)
-=R