Re: Re[2]: HTTP2 Expression of Interest : Squid

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 06:39:08 +0200, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com> wrote:

> Fair enough, you've presented an argument for who doesn't want push.
> But this is a tiny tiny fraction of people.  I would not sacrifice
> billions of >internet users that do want images and JS for the needs of
> a very small few.  The very small few won't be broken by using push -
> they'll still get their >pages just fine and can RST the streams they
> don't want.

I've presented an argument from one that would like to see push, but think
the current SPDY implementation is too simplistic. Just having the client
white list content types for push would go a long way.

> I think we should build "fast by default".

I think we should build "fast for everyone".

/Martin Nilsson