Re: Introducing a Session header...

The SSO is something we negotiate between two or more origin servers, and
the UAs need not be part of that negotiation. It's may be the
simpler design step to use the UAs for such negotiation between servers
(with such "session header") after we establish the connection, yet that
does not help secure authentication.

The hint for redirection is correct, the origin server(s) may create new
resource, upon UA connection,  and encode any session/state in that
resource without affect to the headers.