Re: SPDY Header Frames

Dear Willy,

Response inline.

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
>> > On a personal taste, I find it fast too. 4 months to provide proposals
>> > to replace the 15-year old HTTP/1, and 4 others to review them is short
>> > in my opinion. Roy did not even have the time to publish the Waka spec
>> > which could have brought a lot of fuel to the discussion !
>>
>> +1.
>> I think that it is an important point.
>> Should we make what is replaced with HTTP1?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.

Sorry.
"HTTP/2.0" are the marks of a big change for me.
Probably it is the same also for many Web programmers.
For example, big change excited like "Waka".
I had imagined "Version Number" such.
So, My "replaced" was putting it.
In this short time, I think that it is difficult.

>> (Of course, compatibility is absolutely required.)
>
> Yes it is, but not necessarily on the wire.

I see.

>> Or is something added on HTTP1?
>
> We're not adding on top of HTTP1 but redesigning the on-wire protocol
> which is why it will not be called 1.x.

I understood.
Your opinion is also right.
My viewpoint was partial.

Neither SPDY nor other proposals are big change for many Web programmers.
They do not need to be conscious although it is important, of course.
But, Surely it is not called 1.x.

Hummmm...

Thanks!
Sincerely,