Re: #241: clarify eval order/interaction of conditional headers

On 2012-07-12 20:38, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> No, because it isn't true in practice (nor desired).  We actually
> do want an etag to override last-modified even when IMS is false.

So that use case is a request with both "If-None-Match" and
"If-Modified-Since", where the Etag condition is true, but the timestamp
condition is not?

Does this happen frequently in practice? What's the reason for sending
both header fields when the ETag is available? (Trying to understand...)

Best regards, Julian