Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tbray-http-legally-restricted-status-01.txt

Hm, the draft now says “ Responses using this status code SHOULD include an
explanation, in the response body, of the details of the legal demand:
which legal authority is making it, and what class of resources it applies
to.”

These days, I’d expect that by default such an explanation would be in HTML
and include links; that’s how I’d do it, anyhow.  And most organizations
deploying this are probably somewhat in cover-their-asses mode & thus would
be incented to link to the primary references.

But of course, proposals to modify drafts are always in order, and since
this one has only had two passes by one person, it’d be surprising if it
couldn’t be improved. -T