Re: The TLS hammer and resource integrity

Ensuring security of the endpoints is probably outside the purvue of the
WG, however interesting it is.

That being said,  we should probably assume that the hosts aren't
compromised because otherwise it really doesn't matter what we do.

Our task is thus to somehow secure the communications channel. If you make
SSL implementation optional on the server side, you suffer from a downgrade
attack whereby an intermediary (potentially malicious), denies you all
security on the communications channel.
If this decision is made, it must be made by the client for the
client<->intermediary connection.

-=R