Re: HTTP 2.0/flag day

I tend to think that common use cases will be met, but but its nature, we'll not be able to meet *all* possible use cases.

E.g, some people out there might be using chunk-extensions, and I think it's uncontroversial that they'll disappear in 2.0 (especially since we've decided to deprecate them in 1.1).

Another example is Trailers (although they have some proponents).

The interesting discussion for me is whether we support use cases that are *possible*, but not yet proven. E.g., the discussion about P2P HTTP; it's interesting, but highly speculative. Personally, I'm inclined to avoid explicitly supporting these cases, although we shouldn't go out of our way to prohibit them.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/