Re: Informal Last Call for draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-04, was: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-reschke-basicauth-enc-04.txt

* Julian Reschke wrote:
>On 2012-01-30 12:17, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> Don't repeat so much of / so literally the Abstract in the Introduction,
>> it's confusing to read the duplicate.
>
>I like it that way :-)

I can understand it's annoying to phrase them differently, and while
Agent Smith might not be around the next corner, but "What, I just
read that" is very distracting nevertheless.

>Or we could revise RFC 2617's definition of "Basic" and move it into a
>separate document. Technically that would be the cleanest approach, but
>I fear that doing so would summon those who insist on a complete fix for
>all HTTP security issues.

Looking at the recent xml-dev thread on Basic, this seems indeed likely.