Re: Rechartering HTTPbis

On 26.01.2012 05:53, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Poul-Henning,
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 04:10:39PM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>> But rather that sit and design it here, lets do a call for proposals
>> and see who can come up with the best and simplest ideas.
>
> The benefit of a working group is that we can emerge much better
> design
> by discussing together than a number of individuals can invent alone.
> Maybe at one point a call for proposals might make sense, but these
> proposals would have a much better quality after some brainstorming
> than if individuals try to reinvent the wheel without considering
> other people's concerns.
>
> Willy

Agreed.

I threw it out there as an idea that had been tempting me for years
with no real expectation that it would work.
Given a blank call for proposals I would have and missed a huge amount
of details the two of you pointed out, been forced to go off and write
up this little thought experiment alone as a devils advocate style idea
or drop it entirely.

Now its looking like the tweaked version it might actually be useful
and I'm thinking if we end up with such a call we three (and maybe
others) should get together and jointly create such an I-D for the
proposal.

AYJ