Re: issue 325: When are Location's semantics triggered?, was: Protocols/APIs and redirects

> On 2011-12-14 18:04, Cameron Heavon-Jones wrote:
>> I don't think it makes a difference, a response should be parsed irrespective of the request although i don't know that this is definitively the case.
>>
>> I just checked Firefox and the same behaviour is seen, i would assume the same from the other browsers but i can do more tests to confirm.
>
> What exactly did you check?
>
> I'm VERY sure that browsers automatically follow a 302 + Location upon page navigation, no matter whether there's a payload or not.
>
> Best regards, Julian

I setup the same form i used testing POST to encode into URI instead of form params and sent as GET. It produced a URI like this:

http://localhost:8090/web/test/it?status=302&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.example.com&content=on

The response was the same as for POST, ie:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Location        http://www.example.com
Content-Type    text/html
Content-Length  199